I'm not much of a collector myself. I love the stuff but I enjoy hosting contests even more, so I tend to give away almost all the goodies I get my hands on. So today I'm asking the hoarders among us to share their collections for an upcoming feature on this blog.
If you have a Lara Croft/Tomb Raider collection, large or small, I encourage you to share it with the rest of us. I'll post your photos and descriptions here in a few weeks.
Here are a few guidelines if you'd like to participate:
- Please submit clear digital photos (high resolution if possible). More than one picture is OK, but try to shoot your items in groups, rather than submitting individual photos of each item. That way I'll be able to include more of them.
- Email images (or a link to your site, Photobucket page, etc.) to .
- Tell us about one or two favorite items—where you got them, why they're important to you, etc. Even if you just have one prized possession, that's fine. We'd love to see it.
- If you like, tell us about "the one that got away" or the item you most covet but haven't gotten your hands on yet.
- Be sure to include your first name (or nickname/screen name), the country where you live, how you became interested in Tomb Raider memorabilia, and how long you've been collecting.
UPDATE: There haven't been too many submissions so far, so I'm extending the deadline until the end of June. Thanks!
In case you need a little inspiration, here are a few collector links and photos.
Just a small fraction of Aurélie's extensive collection. For more, visit CroftCollection.com. The site also includes a collectors' blog and sub-sections with other fans' collections. (Use Google Translate if you don't read French.)
This photo shows just some of long-time collector Goran's Tomb Raider treasure trove. See the rest at GoranAgar.com.
My friend Katie poses with her collection her basement, a.k.a. "the tomb"—kind of like the Bat Cave only with dolls. ;) For more, visit Katie's site.
All photos are reproduced here with the owners' permission.