According to the Official Tomb Raider Blog, "The team didn't simply up-rez the game, they pulled it apart and rebuilt it with obsessive detail and new technology."
The core action and story of Tomb Raider remain intact. Along with vastly improved graphics, Kinect support for the Xbox One version, and Vita play for the PS4 game, the Definitive Edition also includes all available DLC, plus a few bonuses. Here's what's in the box:
- The fully rebuilt game for next-generation consoles
- The Tomb of the Lost Adventurer DLC
- Eight DLC multiplayer maps
- Six DLC multiplayer weapons
- Four DLC multiplayer characters
- Six alternate outfits for Lara
- Dark Horse digital comic book Tomb Raider: The Beginning
- Brady Games digital art book Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival
- The Final Hours of Tomb Raider documentary series
For additional details about the specific improvements, the development partners involved, and other game features, download this Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition FAQ (PDF document).
The Definitive Edition is available for pre-order from Amazon.comand other game retailers. It will be released January 28, 2014, in North America and January 31 in Europe. The price will be around $60 US.
Check out the TRDE screenshots in this album on my G+ page.